DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE (“DUI”)
SPEAK WITH A DUI ATTORNEY IN BIRMINGHAM, AL TODAY
The attorneys at BHM Law Group are well versed in all aspects of DUI law. BHM Law Group has successfully represented individuals who have been charged with DUI in both municipal and county courts.
Driving under the influence (DUI) is the most common criminal offense in the United States. Many drivers with otherwise clean records have been arrested for DUI and suddenly found their lives in a downward spiral which took years to recover from.
DUI convictions have major ramifications, and some can linger for years. Most of us are aware of the short-term consequences, including temporary driver’s license suspension, fees and fines, high insurance premiums, court-mandated community service, participation in drunk driving education programs, and even jail time. Unfortunately, the long-term shock waves from a DUI can cause the greatest pain. Even after you pay your fines and fulfill your legal obligations, your DUI conviction can still undermine your future opportunities and haunt your life for years.
If you have been charged with DUI, contact the lawyers at BHM Law Group immediately. Our dedicated attorneys will fight for your freedom and rights. We are your advocate when you need it most.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Did you know a DUI conviction can result in a 90 days driver’s license suspension for a first offense, 1-year suspension for a second offense, and 3 years for a third offense?
- Did you know the legal Blood Alcohol Content (“BAC”) limit for an underaged driver is .02, not .08?
- Did you know a felony or misdemeanor DUI conviction will appear in a background check and could thwart your best efforts to secure a job, could be triggered by college financial aid applications and admissions processes, and could affect your ability to secure housing, since landlords often conduct background checks?
- Did you know court dates, jail time, and community service hours can wreak havoc on your work schedule and put your job at risk?
- Did you know jobs that require driving a company vehicle, such as sales, truck driving, pizza delivery, catering, and jobs such as UBER and Lyft, could be negatively affected by a DUI conviction and could potentially be closed to you?
- Did you know a DUI conviction can negatively affect your CDL license even if you receive the DUI in your personal vehicle?
- Did you know your automobile insurance rates will likely increase significantly because drivers who have been convicted of a DUI are considered “high-risk” drivers by insurance companies?
- Did you know many schools do not accept students who have DUI convictions on their records and scholarships may be revoked or denied? Some colleges conduct background checks and require applicants to disclose any criminal history on their college applications.
- Did you know a DUI conviction can affect your ability to obtain and/or maintain a professional license, such as attorney or medical professional license, among others?
- Did you know you can be convicted of DUI for driving under the influence of substances other than alcohol?
- Did you know you can be convicted of DUI even when your vehicle is in park?