Corporate Lawyer in Birmingham, AL
Our corporate and business law attorneys at the office of BHM Law Group know how important it is that your business operations go as smoothly as possible without any legal snafus. When you choose our corporate and business law attorneys for legal representation, you can count on us to provide general counsel for your business or provide legal representation regarding a specific matter. To learn more about our law firm and our corporate and business practice areas for businesses like yours in the Birmingham area, please reach out to us directly by phone or online.
Our Business Law Practice Areas
We work with businesses throughout the Birmingham area, providing a wide range of services related to business formation and restructuring, business contracts, labor and employment law, litigation, corporate governance, securities, and more. When you need a skilled, experienced legal professional on your side who will advocate for the best interests of your firm, we are here to provide what you need:
- Business formation. Forming a business is a complex legal process that requires proper registration, attention to detail, and knowledge of the law. Our lawyers can help along every step of the way, including helping you to decide what type of business to register as (partnership, sole proprietorship, corporation, etc.), filing your business registration paperwork, and advising you regarding structure, naming, partnership agreements, and more.
- Business restructuring. Corporate restructuring refers to taking significant internal action to modify the operations and financial aspects of a company. Corporate restructuring may be done following a merger or acquisition, in response to large amounts of debt or a bankruptcy filing, at the request of a government agency or due to a court judgment, or for other reasons that are aimed at business improvement. The process is extremely complex and will require adherence to numerous legal considerations.
- Mergers and acquisitions. Transferring and consolidating the ownership of one company into the ownership of another is common in the corporate world. Our lawyers can provide legal assistance by reviewing contracts, preparing disclosures and other documents, and guiding a restructuring after a merger/acquisition has been completed.
- Labor and employment law. All businesses with employees will encounter labor and employment laws at some point in the process. While the specific labor and employment laws that apply will vary based on industry type and employee role in some cases, in general, all employees are protected by wage and hour regulations, anti-discrimination protections, and family and medical leave laws, amongst others. Talk to our lawyers directly if you have questions about labor and employment laws in your industry or if you are involved in a labor and employment dispute.
- Contract and contract issues. Commercial businesses enter into dozens of contracts throughout the course of their operations. We provide thorough contract legal services for commercial businesses. These services include:
- Contract drafting and formation
- Contract review
- Contract dispute resolution and litigation
- For commercial businesses, the idea of litigation is never a pleasant thought. We work with businesses that have attempted to resolve disputes outside of court but have been unable to reach a settlement. We also provide alternative dispute resolution services, including arbitration and mediation. Common sources of litigation for commercial businesses include:
- Commercial contract disputes. A breach of contract at the commercial level can have serious repercussions for businesses involved, including significant financial losses. We’ll work with your business to resolve your commercial contract dispute.
- Civil liability claims. A civil suit filed against your business is not only financially damaging, but also harmful to a business’s reputation. We work quickly to resolve civil liability claims as quietly and effectively as possible, avoiding litigation whenever possible. If litigation is necessary, we can handle all elements of preparing for trial and litigating the case in court.
- Other types of disputes. Shareholder disputes, vendor disputes, environmental violations, regulations violations, employee disputes, discrimination claims, and more can all be a source of commercial litigation. Our law firm is here to assist you when you need it most.
- Corporate governance. We can provide legal assistance pertaining to all elements of corporate governance, including drafting internal documents such as bylaws, articles of incorporation, shareholder agreements, and more. We also provide legal guidance in resolving disputes with other parties, such as clients/customers, owners, suppliers, etc.
- Securities laws are a highly complex area of the law that all corporate businesses must be aware of and adhere to. Cases involving securities litigation usually are extremely sensitive and have high stakes for the involved corporation. It is essential that any securities issues are represented by an attorney who focuses on securities law.
Working With an Experienced Business Attorney Is Always a Good Idea
Whether your business is just at the early stages of its formation or is a well-established corporation, working with an experienced business attorney is always a good idea. Our lawyers will work with your business to provide robust, comprehensive legal services that protect your business’s interests.
- Lay a solid foundation for operations. Working with an attorney early on is the easiest way to lay a strong foundation for operations that is legally sound and that positions you for success moving into the future.
- Ensure compliance and maintain growth projections. With numerous rules and regulations that must be adhered to at the local, state, and federal levels, there is little room for missteps when it comes to compliance. Working with an attorney reduces the risk of a compliance breach and therefore helps you to avoid hurdles and maintain growth projections.
- Mitigate and resolve legal problems quickly and quietly. Our law firm will prioritize mitigating legal issues before they arise by making sure your business is set up for success. If problems do surface, we will work quickly to resolve these issues while minimizing harm to your business.
About BHM Law Group
Our corporate/business law attorneys have decades of combined experience. We prioritize designing unique legal strategies and solutions for your business. When you work with us, you can expect exceptional client communications and customer service. Reach out to us today at 205-994-0902 to learn more about how we can help.